The Prime Signature is the next step up from the Prime, which took the world by storm 2 years ago during its initial release. It features an upgraded JMW 10-3D Reference arm in a “metallic black” gloss finish with Nordost Reference wire. The chassis consists of an aluminum plate sandwiched between a composite material for improved dampening. Due to the additional weight of the table, we upgraded the feet to our Classic Signature feet. In addition, both the motor housing and all Delrin posts and armboards were upgraded to a heftier stainless steel.
- The vinyl wrapped MDF composite material chassis is bonded with a sandwiched aluminum plate to provide the ultimate resonance control and rejects feedback
- The JMW-10-3DR Tonearm features Nordost Reference Wire
- The four Stainless Steel corner posts are designed for isolation and mechanical grounding
- The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor is capable of high torque and quiet operation. The motor is installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side
load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
- The 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001” in a 39” circumference
- The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory
- Wow and flutter: .03%
- Speed Accuracy: .04%
- Rumble: >82db down
- Overall Dimensions 21 ⅜” x 15 ¾”
- Footprint is 19 ½” x 13 ¾”
- 66 lbs weight
- Periphery Ring clamp for the ultimate in record warp reduction
- Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.
Visit the VPI Prime Signature product page.