The MC451 follows the success of McIntosh’s MC901 model. A more compact product, the MC451 is strategically built so that it is easier to place within an audio system, offering 150 Watts of power from the vacuum tube section and 300 Watts from the solid-state section. The MC451 features a variety of McIntosh patented technologies including Power Guard® and Power Guard SGS®, Sentry Monitor™, Autoformer™, Unity Coupled Circuit, Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts, Monogrammed Heatsinks™, and a DualView™ Power Output Meter.
Hybrid Drive Technology
The MC451 is the latest model to incorporate McIntosh’s Hybrid Drive technology. The brand’s team of engineering experts took their extensive experience to seamlessly combine both vacuum tube and solid state to develop the company’s Hybrid Drive design that works to redefine sound performance. With Hybrid Drive from McIntosh, the highest level of sound reproduction is now available to offer flexibility in listening capabilities.
300 Watt solid state amplifier
- Output Autoformer with 2, 4, 8Ω Taps
- Power Guard and Sentry Monitor
- Solid-state input doubles as the mono input when using the internal crossover
- Separate inputs for the Vacuum Tube and Solid-state amplifiers are provided for using an external crossover
150 Watt vacuum tube amplifier
- Unity Coupled Circuit Output Transformer with 2, 4, 8Ω Taps
- Power Guard SGS and Sentry Monitor
- Direct Input for Using an External Crossover
- Illuminated Driver Tubes
- 1 Knob for Solid State / Tube Balance
- 1 Knob for Crossover Frequency
Visit the McIntosh website.