Mytek is now shipping the new Liberty DAC, a PCM/MQA/DSD USB2 Digital-to-Analog convertor, designed for high quality music playback and monitoring of all high resolution formats. This USB2 DAC features several digital inputs, digital volume control, unbalanced as well as balanced audio outputs, and a high-performance headphone amplifier. This USB2 DAC features several digital inputs, digital volume control, unbalanced as well as balanced audio outputs, and a high-performance headphone amplifier. Designed as a little brother of the original Brooklyn DAC around the ES9018 Sabre chipset, the Liberty DAC provides robust performance, ability to stream MQA masters and state-of-the-art headphone output in a small 1/3 rack package. It’s also intended for general music studio use and desktop systems, as well as audio installations.
- Conversion: up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD, up to DSD256, DXD, 127dB Dynamic Range.
- MQA HI-RES decoder: built-in certified hardware MQA™ decoder.
- Digital inputs: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP).
- Analog inputs: one pair of unbalanced RCA, one pair of balanced TRS, TRS to XLR. Metropolis cable can be added as option.
- Headphones amplifier: reference high current, high transient Headphone Amp, 300mA, 3 Watts, single unbalanced headphone jack, designed to drive hard-to-drive headphones, 0.1 Ohm impedance.
- Clock generator: low noise with 10ps of jitter.
- Firmware: upgradable via USB via Mytek Control Panel app for Mac and PC.
- Optional DC/Battery power input: 12VDC.
- Dimensions: W x D x H = 5.5×8.5×1.74 inches / 140 x 216 x 44 mm
- Weight: 3 lbs., 1.5kg.
- Warranty: 2 years.
Visit the Mytek website.