Let’s face it. You don’t put your big amplifiers on the ground. They need proper foundation. We call it amplifier stands. They come in different shapes, materials and even colours. Good news for all you McIntosh fans out there. The big American brand just introduced 2 amplifier stands: the McIntosh AS125 and McIntosh AS901.
McIntosh AS125 amplifier stand
This stand is perfectly matches with a variety of McIntosh monoblock amplifiers. That means the brand’s current models as well as any previous. A single McIntosh AS125 can also support a McIntosh stereo or integrated amplifier, along with other home stereo systems components. Here are the measurements: 42,2cm wide x 10,3cm tall x 45,7cm deep. A single McIntosh AS125 costs $3.000.
McIntosh AS901 amplifier stand
Meet the big boss! This dedicated stand was specifically designed for the McIntosh MC901 Dual Mono Amplifier. The McIntosh AS901 is the same height as the McIntosh AS125, but is 30cm longer, measuring 75,7cm deep. That’s exactly the same length as the mighty MC901. The stand can perfectly complement the amplifier and showcase it proudly! A single McIntosh AS901 costs $3.500.
- Made from sustainably sourced solid white ash, an incredibly strong and durable wood, and resistant to scratches and dents.
- Constructed using a face-glued technique with edge grain top, which provides extreme strength, durability, and stability.
- Finished with multiple coats of jet-black stain, with a catalyzed lacquer topcoat to provide added vibrancy and depth to the finish.
- Each have a 3″ (7.62cm) thick wood slab to firmly hold the gear.
- The feet have a protective pad on the bottom to protect floors and minimize vibrations.
- Each includes a faceplate with the McIntosh logo that can be illuminated green via the Power Control ports.
- The wood slab is made by Symbol Audio, who have received Silver Exemplary status from the Sustainable Furnishings Council. Final assembly, packing, and shipping is done at the McIntosh factory in Binghamton, NY.