So, French company Métronome starts a new era with their DSC. But what is a DSC? Is that a million dollar question? Not quite. Actually the DSC is the company’s first ‘three-in-one’ device: a top notch converter, streamer and digital pre-amplifier.
Follow the stream?
The Métronome DSC integrates the online services of Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify and Deezer (you have to subscribe of course). It can also manage all the music stored on your local network following UPnP and DLNA protocols. DSC decodes DSD files natively up to DSD512. It can handle all PCM files up to 32-bit/384kHz and also supports the MQA codec. No salt or peper chips in the chassis, but the very capable ES9038PRO conversion microprocessor. The complete DSC chassis is machined from high grade billets of aluminum and is available in black and silver finishes. The unit will retail at €24.990.
Let’s get technical
- Streaming services: Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Deezer, vTuner, Roon Ready
- Network protocols: DLNA, UPnP
- Digital pre-amplifier: Leedh Processing
- Resolution: 32 bits / 384 kHz, DSD 512,
- D/A conversion: ES9038PRO
- Digital inputs: USB, Optical, SPDIF, AES EBU
- Analog outputs: Unbalanced @0dB 100 Ohms, RCA connectorsBalanced @0dB 2 kOhms, XLR connectors
- Power supply: 3 toroidal transformers with Schaffner filters, 14 independent regulation lines Voltages: 100 – 120/240 V – 50/60 Hz
- Accessories: Métronome remote
- Other characteristics: Consumption: 25 VA
- Dimensions (LxHxP): 430 x 105 x 430 mm Weight: 17 Kg
- Finishes : Black or Silver
Find out more about the Métronome DSC.
Visit the Métronome website.